BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 42 Julia For Lunch


Menu:
Poached Tilapia w/Mushrooms in Wine Sauce JC
Baked Sweet Potato PE
Sauteed Broccoli PE

I did get a photo of this meal and will add it in a few days when I return home. Last evening my mom and I had a meal that she prepared. Who am I to scoot my mother out of her own kitchen when she is cooking. For dessert we had delicious treats from Concannon's Bakery. I grew up in Muncie and somehow managed to never indulge in a pastry of any sort from this bakery. I can now understand the hoopla over this place. Wow.

Today for lunch I made tilapia the julia way. Since I am going to dinner with my sister this evening I won't be able to cook. The meal was good and having it for lunch rather than dinner was a nice change. I do have to say I miss eating my Julia meals with my Michael. The food is good but always tastes a whole lot better when Mikey is sitting across from me. If you like your fish poached then making tilapia this way is really easy and very good. The main thing you have to watch for is that you don't overcook it. Other than that it is a breeze. I used the vermouth again in this wine sauce.

The broccoli was fresh and I sauteed it in butter and then poured just a little bourdeaux over it while the pan was pretty hot. Once the butter and the wine coagulated I worked it into a thick sauce and it made a pretty quick and easy broccoli dish. Julia has taught me a lot about turning something simple into an elegant dish.

When I eat fish I usually tend to lean towards sweet potatoes to go with it. It just compliments the fish so much better than white potatoes. Okay the real truth I love the sweet taste and I put brown sugar on it to make it even sweeter.

Facts:
Day 42 of 100 (it is going to take me 365 days to these 100 days at this rate)

Pounds Lost and Gained are on hold until Monday. Especially since I just discovered the fine taste of Concannon's.

Happiness Level: 100%
Missing My Kids: 100%
Cooking Enjoyment: 100% (It wasn't a difficult meal at all)
Meal Presentation: 100% (100%, you'll see the pic in a few days...looks good!)

0 comments: