BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 41: My First With Vermouth

Menu:
Marinated Salad PE

French Bread (Store Bought)

Tzatziki PE

Cotes De Porc Poeles JC
(Casserole-sauteed Pork Chops)

Seasoned Potato Wedges PE

Due to an untimely death in the family I had to put cooking aside to come be with my family to attend the funeral. May he rest in peace.

I gave my mom round trip tickets twice while we were living in Greece. She, like Michael and I became a huge fan of their cuisine. So I made this meal for her. She called my niece and her boyfriend and their daughter to come join us. We had an excellent time enjoying the food and I was able to squeeze in a Julia dish. I've never made chops with a vermouth based sauce. The flavor was different and everyone seemed to like it.

There has been so much traveling for me lately that I need to get caught up on some rest. So I will keep this entry short and sweet. There are no photos this time. While I do have my camera, I did forget my cable. I did remember my luggage for the second time now since forgetting it over Labor Day.

I'm off to go spend time with my mother. I miss my Michael. Take the time to realize how important the people are in your family.

Facts:
Day 41 of 100

Pounds Lost:
Pounds Gained: No Scales
I'm happy, the food was good and I presented it quite well. I'm so tired and off to relax.

0 comments: