BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 57: Bread For A Bowl



Menu:
Potage Veloute Aux Champignons JC
(Cream Of Mushroom Soup)

Autumn Salad ME

After a scant amount of food over the weekend, I decided to be consistent and continue to lighten up on the food since I am still trying lose some weight. The plan was to shoot for heavier breakfasts so that we had the day to get the calories off. But after perusing the cookbook I decided that I could make a lighter dinner tonight and make Michael oatmeal with toast for breakfast this morning. I started the mushroom soup around 3 this afternoon. The soup had the house smelling really rich and creamy. I served it in bread bowls. And it was the best mushroom soup I have ever had. It isn't that difficult to make either.

I changed it up a bit on the salad adding a few things that are harvested in the fall and then I sprinkled a trail mix over the greens. The soup, bread and salad hit the spot. Eating a light breakfast and lunch makes me real hungry come dinnertime. While Michael ate his oatmeal I sipped a 4 oz. glass of orange juice and then didn't eat my breakfast until 10:30 a.m. I ate strawberries and blueberries and then tried not to think about how far away it was until lunch.

When lunch finally came around at 1:00 I had a baked sweet potato and cottage cheese. I'm gonna lose this weight, I'm sure of it.

Facts:
Day 57 of 100 (If I did 365 days, I'd need a whole new wardrobe)

Pounds Lost: 3 lbs....Yep, THREE!
Pounds Gained: Since I started this I lost 5 so now I'm needing to lose that 2 and then some.
Happiness Level: 100%
Missing My Kids: I'm not good at the empty nester thing.
Cooking Enjoyment: 100% (The soup was really easy)
Eating Enjoyment: 100% ( I'm so hungry come dinnertime)
Meal Presentation: 100% (The bread bowl with the mushroom soup and that colorful salad, it was beautiful)

0 comments: