BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day 56 Much Fluffier Egg


Menu:
Oeufs Brouill'es Aux Fromage JC
(Scrambled Eggs w/cheese

Tomato Quiche JC

Toast ME

Orange Juice

Changing it up a bit is a good thing. Trying new things for breakfast is kind of fun. I made a simpler breakfast this morning but I still learned something. I've never followed a recipe for scrambled eggs. My scrambled eggs usually end up falling flat and overcooked and sometimes scorched. Julia's technique makes them turn out perfect. The eggs cooked slowly and much longer and I had to take the pan off of the heat a few times in order to keep the eggs cooking just so. There are 4 or 5 different ways you can serve the eggs according to Julia's cookbook. I chose to add Swiss cheese. Michael and I both really liked the eggs this morning. I did serve the rest of the tomato quiche with this meal.

Michael and I try to drink a small glass of orange juice every morning. I also made toast because I wasn't sure how the quiche would go over with Michael. Remember, he still drinks coffee in the morning, lucky guy. Some things just don't settle well when drinking coffee though. Good thing I made the toast because Michael was having no part of the quiche for breakfast. He loved it the evening I made it until 2/3 into eating it I told him it had anchovies in it. He doesn't like it anymore.

We are off to enjoy another autumn day.

Facts:
Day 56 of 100 (I'm getting closer and closer to 100 days...no 365 days for me)

Pounds Lost: I'm stuck
Pounds Gained: I'd rather be stuck than be gaining.
Happiness Level: 100% (Getting a package ready to send to Brandon that makes me happy)
Missig My Kids: 100%
Cooking Enjoyment: 100% (Very easy meal this morning)
Eating Enjoyment: 100% (even the quiche was good to me)
Meal Presentation: 70% (Eggs didn't photograph too well)

0 comments: