BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 59: Cauliflower Is Good Too


Menu:

Salmon w/Cognac Sauce ME

Chou-Fleur Sauce a la Creme JC
(Cauliflower W/Fresh Cream Sauce)

Red Potatoes w/Lemon, Parsley and Butter ME


Yesterday Brussels sprouts, today cauliflower, if you blanch either of them first they have an exceptionally good flavor. Michael even mentioned this evening that he wouldn't mind to eat Brussels sprouts again. He also liked the cauliflower, but I'd not make the cream sauce. Neither of us cared for it. I felt it was a waste of my whipping cream.

The salmon was good, I actually got a recipe online that included a cognac sauce and then kind of worked with it from there. It turned out pretty good but would probably not make it again. I usually broil the salmon and this recipe had me cooking it in oil. I much prefer the broiled salmon. This recipe also called for dill, I'd rather have ginger.

I had some red potatoes that needed to be used up, they go bad so quickly it seems. So I quartered and boiled them. And then just as they were becoming tender I drained them and added white pepper, sea salt, lemon and about 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley. They were delicious. The lemony flavor suited the salmon just fine. I"m definitely going to make this again. Oh and by the by, I did make Michael sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast.

Facts:

Day 59 of 100 (365days is too stressful to even think about)

Pounds Lost: 5 FIVE lbs!!!! ('m so stoked about this)
Pounds Gained: 0 lbs. (I'm so hungry but I'm losing weight)
Happiness Level: 100% (Had a bad 10 minutes at the stove just as everything was finishing up but I'm good now)
Missing My Kids: (I'll always miss them wish they were closer so we could visit more often)
Cooking Enjoyment: 50% (I didn't like the way my sauce turned out I guess I"m still seething over it)
Meal Presentation: 80% (Would have loved for the sauce to have been thicker)

0 comments: