BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 50 Woo Hoo Half Way There


Menu:
Fried Cheese PE
Greek Salad PE
Olive Bread (Store Bought)
Greek Bread Dip PE
Moussaka JC
Rosemary Potatoes PE
Cornets Et Rouleaux
(Cream Horns)

Our sweet Britny came over to celebrate Michael's birthday with us. We really enjoyed her visit. I'm afraid we didn't enjoy the moussaka though. It was dreadful in many ways. I didn't like the presentation or the taste. I'm sure I did something wrong. Maybe I didn't prepare the eggplant properly. It was to be a special dinner but I ruined it with a bad version of Julia's moussaka. Terrible it was terrible.

The fried cheese was good as usual. The salad was refreshing and got our appetites going. I tried putting rosemary on the potatoes this time and wasn't really a big fan of that either. The bread was really good and had a different color and texture than most hard breads. All in all the meal was just okay.

We finished up our meal with carrot cake that I also picked up from the store. I don't know, maybe I should have spent more time in the kitchen today cooking and baking. I do have to say the carrot cake was really good. But I should have baked Michael a cake.

I did get up this morning and make cream horns for dessert tomorrow. I haven't tried them yet because we were so full from dinner. They look really good though. I'm halfway through this cooking adventure. And I have to say it has done wonders for my sadness that I have felt since my kids have left home. Empty nest syndrome hit me hard. But each day I spend in the kitchen I am filling that void by keeping busy. I have to say this is one venture that Michael wholly supports. This is one hobby he'd love me to keep long after the 100 days are up.

Facts:
Day 50 of 100 (I just can't even imagine doing 365 days.)

Pounds Lost: 1
Pounds Gained: 4 (Keep in mind I lost 5 when I first started)
Happiness Level: 100% (This is excellent therapy)
Missing My Kids: 100%
Cooking Enjoyment: 80% (I needed to spend more time with this meal)
Eating Enjoyment: 70% (The moussaka needs something)
Meal Presentation: Phhhhhht! (Moussaka isn't attractive.)

0 comments: