BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 45: Julia's Canap'es



Menu:
Leftovers For Dinner

Dessert:
Pommes A La Sevillane
(Apples Braised in Butter, Orange Sauce)

Just the canap'es alone were so simple that I had to make it difficult. Canap'es are nothing more than the center of a slice of white bread cut out with a biscuit cutter and then sauteed in butter. That's it. Once the canap'es were made the rest seemed easy but was a bit of effort. The apples were peeled and cored and then filled with sugar and butter. I simmered and baked them. When they were tender I took the juice that they baked in and added currant jelly until it made a syrupy type sauce. I added simmered orange peel and then what seemed to be a lot of cognac. The apple was placed on top of the canap'e and then the syrup was drizzled over all. I did eat mine with some cream. It was really good and very different than any dessert I have ever had. Not my favorite but it was good.

Facts:
Day 45 of 100 (365 days is a lot of fancy cooking days)

Pounds Lost: 0 (I'm stuck right where I started.)
Pounds Gained: 0 (Yep, I'm stuck)
Happiness Level: 100% (It's best to stay happy)
Missing My Kids: 100% (One of them is heading overseas shortly)
Cooking Enjoyment: 100% (Making a dessert was a nice change)
Eating Enjoyment: 100% (Dessert is always enjoyable)
Meal Presentation: 100% (It did photograph nicely)

0 comments: