BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 11, 2009

Day 27 Julia vs. My Mom



Menu:

Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich ME

Eggs ME

Pommes De Terre A L'Huile JC
(French Potato Salad)

Baked Beans ME

Schlafly Beer

As summer is coming to a close I wanted to get in one more summertime meal. I had bacon from the gravy yesterday. I always put bits of fried bacon in my gravy for flavor. I fried the rest of the package and had it leftover so I decided to make BLT's. I looked through the cookbook and found the potato salad recipe which seemed fitting for this meal. I also had baked beans left over from trout night. I fried up a few eggs to put on the sandwiches if we wished. The potato salad was very easy. It was good but I think I like my mom's American version better than the French version. It just isn't potato salad without the relish and eggs and mayo mixed with it.

Michael suggested a cold Schlafly with dinner tonight. So we sat out on the patio and discussed our day and politics over our BLT and beer. Our dog Dixie sat at our feet for a while until a rabbit got the best of her and she took off after it. She never catches them but I suppose the thrill is in the chasing for her. The rabbits must like her. Every evening they are just sitting in our backyard and waiting for her to come chase them.

It has been a splendid summer. But I think I will challenge myself tomorrow with a heavier dish. Something that has me hopping in the kitchen again. Michael and I finished the tart last night so I may have to make another dessert as well.

Facts:

Day 27 of 100 (365 days is still too much for me)

Pounds Lost: 5
Pounds Gained: 5
Missing My Kids: 100%
Cooking Enjoyment: 80% (I'm starting to not like the thrown together quickly meals)
Eating Enjoyment: 80% (We sacrifice the pleasure in eating when we rush making the meals)
Meal Presentation: 100% (It looked good though. It was quick and easy but it did look good and it did taste pretty good.)

0 comments: