BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day 35: Mikey Likey



Menu:

Dominico Steaks w/Cream Sauce ME JC and Michael
French Green Beans ME
Mashed Potatoes JC

This is not a different recipe from Julia's cookbook. I'm working on that dish still. I'm making a dessert with lady fingers. It involves using the copper mold I purchased a few weeks back. I'm excited to be using one of my three new molds. This evening Michael made steaks on the grill and then I put sauteed onions over them and put a cream sauce over it. I also sauteed the green beans in pork jowl fat with seasoning and the mashed potatoes were actually a version of Julia's. We used the cream sauce for a gravy. I had a glass of port wine maybe too big of a glass this evening. I usually have a tiny glass. Wow, I'm feeling it.

The cream sauce turned out very smooth and had that melt in your mouth effect. Michael absolutely loved it. As seen in the pic above. I enjoyed the meal as well but will have to be more careful pouring my wine next time. It is crucial for me to drink in moderation. The bigger glass did compliment the meal quite nicely though.

I will get a pic of the dessert on the blog as soon as I get it done. I'm nervous about the lady fingers but I think I can do this. Yes, yes I can do this.

This paragraph was added a few hours later. I made the lady fingers but as we were putting them in the mold, Michael and I realized we didn't have enough for the recipe. So scratch the fancy recipe and know that we did at least get to try the lady fingers. Julia uses this recipe for for a base for several of her desserts. I'll have to try again with more lady fingers. DRATS!

Facts:
Day 35 of 100 days. (365 days I just can't and won't)

Pounds Lost: 2
Pounds Gained: 3 (but always remember I lost five from the get go)
Happiness Level: 50% (won't go into why)
Missing My Kids: 100% (even more so after today)
Cooking Enjoyment: 100% (quite pleasurable when Michael grills the meat)
Eating Enjoyment: 100% (the food was good but I think it was the port wine that had me at first bite)
Meal Presentation: 75% (if anyone has suggestions on making cream sauces photograph nicely please share)

0 comments: