BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day 19: I Conquered The Quiche




Menu:

Mediterranean Salad ME

Swordfish JC & ME

Quiche Lorraine JC

All day I kept thinking about how intimidating this quiche was going to be. So far all I had made was the pie crust dough. I was thrilled when my neighbor stopped over and gave me a good excuse to put off the recipe. For some reason I was a nervous wreck about this quiche. My neighbor brought me over some fresh veggies and pumpkin blossoms as well as great company. Always love sitting and chatting with her. But then the inevitable came upon me...dinner making time. I had the crust for the quiche in a ball in the fridge just waiting to be rolled out. Michael called and said he was running late. I was glad. It gave me more time to procrastinate.

I finally dug in my heels and rolled out the dough and half baked it. Got the quiche ingredients blended, the bacon fried and got it in the oven. I had the swordfish marinating just waiting on the oven to be free so I could use the broiler. I made the Julia Child marinade for swordfish but felt more comfortable to broil it rather than saut'e it. I made up the salads while the fish was in the oven. And before you know it I had dinner on the table. We had some nice port wine with it and Michael loved the quiche and stated that the swordfish was very juicy and flavorful. The marinade was really good.

Just so you know quiche is fairly simple to make. Now that I have made it I don't know why I was putting myself in near panic mode over it. It didn't turn out perfect but that's okay because I know what to do differently for next time. I do need a smaller quiche pan. I can't wait to fry up those pumpkin blossoms, thanks Jeanette for sharing that.

Facts:
Day 19 of 100 (Today had me frazzled, no 365 days for this girl)

Pounds Lost 1 (I know it was 5)
Pounds Gained: 4 (Grrrrr)
Happiness Level: 100% (Michael has been so patient with me)
Missing My Kids: 100% (Call your mom kiddoes, she misses you)
Cooking Enjoyment: 80% (Once I got over the nervousness I was fine with it)
Meal Presentation: 75% (I should have made asparagus or something green to put on the plate)

0 comments: