BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day 22: Beef & Beer




Menu:

Salad ME
CarBonnades A La Flamande JC
(Beef Braised In Beer)
Sauteed Zucchini and CarrotsME

While the beer braised beef was really good, the pork roast and the beef bourgingnon are still our favorites. About 2 lbs of browned onions and quartered browned potatoes were added to this dish and with the beer "gravy". It was the perfect meal to make my brother-in-law. He enjoys the hearty dishes. My sister really liked the seasonings and flavor of the beef. Julia just has a way of stimulating your palate with her recipes. My friend from the neighborhood where I grew up joined us for dinner and she liked the meal as well. We enjoyed a glass of "Middle Sister" wine with the beef and it complimented the dish well.

As a side dish I used Julia's method of sauteing vegetables in butter. The zucchini came from my neighbor. She is the one that shared the pumpkin blossoms with me. I did include the photos of them as promised. It worked out perfectly receiving the fresh vegetables and blossoms from my neighbor just before we left. I also used the fresh tomatoes in the salad. My sister had cucumbers and bell peppers from her garden that I used in the salad. A combination of the Julia style cooking and the fresh veggies made this an excellent meal.
Tomorrow will be challenging trying to fit in a recipe during our busy day. But I'm committed so I will find a way.

Facts:
Day 22 of 100 (was just thinking how it has been 3 weeks and a lot of work, not doing 365)
Pounds Gained....I'm on vakay we'll talk about the facts when I get back home.


0 comments: