BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 24: All That And An Apple Tart



Menu:

Cotes De Porc Poelees
(Casserole-sauteed Pork Chops JC

Mashed Potatoes and Gravy JC & ME

Baked Beans ME

Tarte Aux Pommes JC
(Apple Tart)

I absolutely made up for slacking off the last few days. I made my tart crust earlier in the day and then ran some errands while it chilled. Once I got back home I cooked for 3 straight hours. I got the tart in the oven and then started on my pork chops. Michael and I both really like them. While the chops were going and the tart was in the oven I got the potatoes and beans going. While everything was just finishing up I made some lemonade and got both of us two tall glasses poured. The chops were slowly cooked in a casserole pan on the stove and then drenched in a dry white wine sauce. It was a little hectic in the kitchen but I wanted to make a grand meal and I did and now I'm tired.

But the good news is that we can now look forward to relaxing and having a slice of apple tart with some cream. I even did the suggested apricot glaze and brushed it over the top. I'm hooked on the sugar cookie dough pie crust. It turns out perfectly ever time.

Facts:
Day 24 of 100 (no 365)

Pounds Lost: 2 lbs
Pounds Gained: 3 lbs
Happiness Level: 100% (It's been a good day)
Missing My Kids: 100%
Cooking Enjoyment: 90% (had to focus too much cooking this meal)
Eating Enjoyment: 100% (and I haven't even had the tart yet)
Meal Presentation: 80% (I should have crocked the beans but the chops looked succulent)

0 comments: