BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 34: The Bunless Burger


Menu:

Bitokes a la Rusee
(Hamburgers w/ Cream Sauce) JC

Twice Baked Potato ME

Wasn't sure what to make today since I was hoping to maybe skate out of cooking and maybe go out to eat. But the repairman got here early and the stove was fixed within an hour. I had no excuse and was anxious to see if I had a range in temperatures anyway. When the repairman was working on the stove he replaced the wrong recalled part. That part was recalled on a different model. So he had to pull the stove back out and take it apart again and replace a circuit board of sorts. This is the first time in 4 years that I have a simmer option on my burners. I could either keep food warm or rapid boil those were my choices.

I was constantly removing pans and holding them up over the burner to get some kind of simmer going. Whenever I had more than one pan going at a time it sure got interesting trying to keep control over the temperature. This evening while the burgers were simmering I could actually walk away from the stove.

I've made these burgers a few times now but this time I used the master recipe and then made the cream sauce for it. It was really good. Kind of reminded me of a salisbury type burger but with a gravy that was absolutely delicious. We had no bun with it because you just watch me get some of this weight off. I made over-sized baked potatoes with seasonings that Julia would surely approve. I put fresh minced garlic, real butter, salt and pepper and then sour cream. Hey I didn't eat a bun so sour cream is good. I will get some weight off though you just watch and see.

With tonight's meal I served ice water to cut down on some calories. Since I did that then I was able to have a small glass of port wine with no dessert. Michael ate a piece of pear tart and will be none the chubbier for it either.

Facts:
Day 34 of 100 (365 may be do-able with this new simmer option...but I doubt it)

Pounds Lost: 1
Pounds Gained: 4 (it's okay it is still from that five I lost)
Everything Else is 100% except for maybe food presentation. It could have been prettier.

0 comments: