BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Day 62: Veal Not Be Having That Again!


Menu:

Sauce Ragout JC
(Brown Sauce w/Giblets)

Cotes De Veau Aux Herbes JC
(Veal Chops Braised w/Herbs

Green Beans ME

Mashed Potatoes ME

I made this meal way more confusing that it needed to be. Halfway into the recipe I looked over at a different recipe and thought I needed a brown sauce. So, I halted the veal recipe I was making and made a the brown sauce. I continued with the veal recipe once the sauce was finished and then realized I didn't need it at all. The whole veal recipe was turning into a complete wreck in my mind. But turns out it was a good thing I did make the brown sauce. The sauce that was to go over the veal chops was thin and there wasn't much of it. I used the brown sauce w/giblets instead and was glad I did because it was delicious. Michael and I have decided that we do not care for veal. At least not the veal I bought. It must have not been a good cut or something, who knows. I know absolutely nothing about veal. I think if I ever buy it again it won't be from the grocer's, I would get a better education and perhaps a better cut of meat buying from a butcher.

The mashed potatoes are the ones I have seen my mom make hundreds of times. The green beans were just simply sauteed. I chose those two side dishes for two reasons, one Julia recommended them both. Secondly, I could easily get those both made without a recipe. It has been an eventful weekend for me and I'm ready to call it a day. I've had a busy weekend and I'm calling it a day.

Facts: Day 62 of 100 (I'm absolutely not doing 365 days)

Pounds Lost: 5
Pounds Gained: 0
Everything Else: It's all good!

0 comments: