BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day 79: Pepper Steaks



Menu:
Steak au Poivre JC
(Pepper Steak w/ Brandy Sauce)

Fried Potatoes ME

Sauteed Mushrooms ME

A slice of strawberry/banana tart JC

This meal was not as difficult as some of the Julia recipes. I prepared the steak and made the brandy sauce. I baked the potatoes and then sliced them thick and fried them. I had some leftover mushrooms from the Prince Albert meal, so I sauteed them. When everything for the meal was all cooked I made the sauce and then added the meat, potatoes and mushrooms to the sauce and let it all warm through and worked the sauce over all. Julia's sauces are to die for. Every wine sauce or any type of her sauces that I have made so far have been well worth the expense of the ingredients.

There is plenty of the tart left and since I didn't make an overabundance of food tonight and we ate lightly...I think we both deserve a piece of tart.

Facts:
Day 79 of 100 (365 days, no way. I'm ready to venture into a new project when my 100 days are up.)
Pounds Lost: I still can't bear to step on the scales.
Pounds Gained: I'm hoping it's lots and lots, but I'd be happy with just a few.
Happiness Level: 100% (Pray for our troops and their safety.)
Missing My Kids: 100% (See you soon Rebecca)
Cooking Enjoyment: 100% (Easy and delicious meal, those are my favorites.)
Eating Enjoyment: 100% (It will be even more fun when I get that piece of tart here shortly.)
Meal Presentation: 80% (Plate looked a little bare but my hips will thank me later.)

0 comments: