BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 76: Mixed Berry Clafouti



Menu:

We did go out to eat last night. I didn't get a chance to cook because we were held up through most of the evening. I was anxious to get back home and finish a tart I had started. The crust has to refrigerate for several hours. I instead decided to let the crust chill on, while I made a flan. Julia calls it a clafouti. I've made an apple flan earlier in this cooking project. But the mixed berry recipe caught my eye since I had lots of fresh berries. I buy blackberries, blueberries and strawberries frequently to eat for breakfast. This is a perfect quick and easy recipe to make. It does however take one hour to bake. The prep part is easy you just throw all the ingredients into a blender and then prep your baking dish and that's it. You could probably serve this clafouti for breakfast but it's also sweet enough to be a dessert. The apple flan I made was a big hit. The mixed berry one is every bit as good and more colorful.

Now to go finish the cream cheese tart.

Facts:
Day 76 of 100 (76 days of French cooking, I've learned a lot but not doing 365 days.)

Pounds Lost: 5 lbs.
Pounds Gained: 0 lbs. (Right where I started and can't seem to move past it.)
Happiness Level: 50% (Not having a good day so far.)
Missing My Kids: 100% (I get to see Joey next week...'cause it's a holiday!)
Cooking Enjoyment: 100% (This recipe is far easier than most, takes a while to bake though.)
Eating Enjoyment: 100% (This kind of resembles a cobbler but it's fluffier.)
Meal Presentation: 100% (Oh this dish was gorgeous!)

0 comments: