BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 73: What A Difference A Sauce Makes



Menu:

Sauce Creme a la Moutarde JC

Foie De Veau Saute JC

Tiny Baby Peas ME

Lemon Muffin w/Lemon Curd ME

Rather than take vitamins, I try to eat whatever I feel my body needs. I have been feeling kind of tired and less energetic so for dinner tonight I made calf liver which is loaded with iron. I used the Julia recipe that I have actually made before and then continued on with a new sauce. The sauce contained beef stock, cream, mustard and of course butter. It gave the beef a totally different flavor. It really is good, once you get past the thought of it being an organ.

I don't eat peas, never have. Tonight I ate peas. The little La Sueur Peas aren't too bad. I'm still in shock that I ate them though. I've never eaten peas in my life! I did saute them and season them just a little.

Fried potatoes, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes...I've made them over and over through the years. Whenever, I'm looking for something different I peel, and cut the potatoes into bite sized chunks and then boil them. Once they are tender I drain them and then add butter, a half of a lemon's juice, parsley, salt and pepper. Something very different for a potato side dish.

Yes, I did indeed make those lemon muffins with the lemon curd. DEEE-LISH-US! Michael had one with dinner, I already had one this morning so I didn't eat one with my meal tonight, wanted to though. But, I gotta get this weight under control. I've never had lemon curd but have become a huge fan. It's very easy to make and well worth the trouble. And when you put it on a muffin or cookie or whatever, be sure to put lots and lots, you'll be glad you did. I warmed up the muffin and warmed up the lemon curd, a little slice of heaven served that way.

Day 73 of 100 (365 days isn't realistic is it Julie P?)

Pounds Lost: 5 lbs (I had Michael weigh himself to make sure the scales aren't messed up.)
Pounds Gained: 0 lbs (The scales are just fine, I'm just stuck.)
The rest is 100% even the picture turned out nice.

1 comments:

pamela said...

Bought a new black plate to see if it shows the food better.