BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 27, 2009

Rebecca's Thanksgiving Turkey and Pie




My daughter made dinner for 7 people on Thanksgiving. She has gotten so much more confident with her cooking. We were all very impressed with how the turkey tasted. I have to say it was a beautiful bird by the time Rebecca was done with it. I still have not mastered baking a pumpkin pie and have it come out with no splitting or cracking. Rebecca's pumpkin pie was perfect! I think I need to take lessons from her. Rebecca my dear, Julia Child would be so very proud of you. I know I am.

My husband and I are having a terrific time in Texas. The plan tonight is for Rebecca and I to make Hors d'Ĺ“uvre with a live lobster. I'll blog about that because we are using a new Julia Child recipe. Should be interesting because the lobster looks a little cranky and Michael has already given him a name. I'm not sure I can make a snack out of something that Michael is treating like a pet.

Hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving Day and hope your shopping was bargain filled today.

0 comments: