BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day 74: Lemons Galore


Menu:

Michael and I went out to eat so I didn't have to make dinner but I did make:

Tarte Au Citron Et Aux Amandes
(Lemon and Almond Tart- cold)

I've been on a lemon kick lately starting with the lemon curd this past week. This tart was really good. Michael and I both liked it a lot. It's hard not to like a dessert. I'm getting pretty good at making the sugar crust too. I've been learning a few techniques along the way. I've been rolling my dough between two sheets of waxed paper. I'm surprised Julia never tried this and recommended it. It is so much easier to roll out and much easier to pick up and lay across the pie pan or tart pan. I'd definitely make the lemon tart again. It would be perfect for a summertime barbecue. I'm off to go watch a DVD movie with my hubby and will be trying to conjure up all my will power to stay away from the tart. I may end up freezing it. Oh who am I kidding, I'd it eat frozen!

Facts:
Day 74 of 100 (This project is grueling for me, I never stick with anything. 365 days would be torture.)

Pounds Gained: I sure hope it's still 5.
Pounds Lost: It'd be great if it was 6 or 7 (I'm staying off of the scales for a while.)
The rest is 100% especially the missing my kids part.

0 comments: