BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 82: The Captain's Seafood Platter








Menu:

Homard A L'Americaine
(Lobster Tail Simmered w/Wine, Garlic and Herbs) JC

Grilled Vegetable Salad ME

Twice Baked Potato w/Crab Dip ME

Oyster Dressing ME

I attempted Lobster tail today. I would have done a whole Lobster but didn't know where to buy one and secondly, just the tail was $25.00 so I thought I'd just go with that for now. I kind of did a fridge and freezer cleaning for this meal. I had so much seafood on hand that I decided to just make a meal of it. If you don't mind the cost Lobster is actually fairly easy to make and very good. I did substitute some of the Julia veggies and went with more of an herb bouquet. I'd probably make lobster again. But, not for a while because after last night and tonight we need a seafood break.

I made the filling that actually goes in Crab Rangoon for the potato topping. If you want the recipe just let me know. It is very addictive though. You will find yourself just wanting to eat the filing by itself. I also rolled the hot baked potato in butter then lemon juice and then in sea salt before busting it and slathering it with butter inside. I salt and peppered it and then added the crab filling.

The oyster dressing reciple I had made a few weeks back and had some bread pieces left. And so I thawed the bread crumbs and made it again. This time I put hot peppers in it to give it a little kick. It had so much kick I got hives on my face for a little while after handling the peppers. While I had the lobster going, the oyster dressing in the oven and potatoes on their second bake, there just seemed to be something missing.

I got all the salad foods out, carrots, tomato, cucumber, lettuce and Swiss cheese. While fridge cleaning today I noticed I needed to use up mushrooms, shrimp and asparagus. So I put some butter in my saute pan and a little olive oil and kind of stir fried all that up until it was ready to be layed out over the salad. Just before adding it to the salad I did what I thought Julia might do and I made a beautiful wine sauce for it and then put it on the salad. Delicious. We had so much food that we put the leftovers in containers for lunch tomorrow. I"m stuffed.

Facts:
Day 82 of 100 (18 more to go...and I can start cooking quick and easy meals)

Po#@!....What scales???
Happiness Level 100% (Will be seeing my baby girl in a few and I can't wait)
The rest is 100 percent. The presentation is even 100%. Once I get the photos to upload you'll see what I mean. The seafood was gorgeous!

0 comments: