BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 17, 2009

Day Two: What Void?


Day Two: What Void?

Menu:
Red Leaf Lettuce Salad (w/raspberry vinaigrette dressing)
French Baguette (from Schnucks)
Potage Parmentier (potato soup left over from last evening) JC
Gratin Aux Fruits De Mer (Creamed Salmon) JC
Praline Sweet Potatoes
Peches Cardinal (served with ice cream) JC

I felt completely fulfilled today just being in the kitchen preparing another french dinner. I started at one o'clock this afternoon. I got the salmon broiling and the peaches boiling. Before I knew it I had the mushrooms saut'eed and was folding them into the cream sauce with the salmon. The house was a little quiet so I popped Carol King into the CD player and my mind stopped wandering off to my kids and I focused on making another Julia Child inspired dinner.

By 4:00 I realized I needed more sugar and some raspberries. So I headed to the grocery store and went ahead and picked up the ingredients for tomorrow's dinner as well. As I was checking out a terrible storm had brewed. I loaded the car in the pouring rain wondering if all this is worth it. I was soaked! I got home a little after 4:30 just in time for Michael's daily call on his way home from work. He needed to focus on driving in the storm and I still needed to force the raspberries through the sieve so we just said bye and hung up.

I've spent so much of my life wondering what I am missing out on and what my purpose in life should be. I am starting to think that if you keep real busy with something you love doing then you don't have time to think about a purpose because you are too busy serving a purpose.

Finally, at 6:00 I served our salads, soup and bread with a glass of Chambourcine dry red wine. Michael was pleased to have the potage parmentier again...he loves it! Then I served the Creamed Salmon. Oh my goodness it was yet another wonderful dish from that amazing cookbook. That lady can do things with salmon that I never dreamed. The sweet potatoes were my own recipe but complimented the salmon dish nicely. Just when Michael thought eating for pleasure could get no better, I served the compote of peaches with the raspberry pur'ee and just when things are tasting sweet I like to make it sweeterby adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream. That is just what I like to do. Yeah, I think I am going to absolutely love this new hobby of mine. Kids what kids? I can't wait to get started on the pork dinner tomorrow. This is fun! And, I get no complaints from Michael whatsoever. In fact he is thinking about making his own wine to go with our dinners.

Facts:

Day 2 of 100 (365 days is still too long for me to reach a goal)

Pounds Lost: 1
Pouunds Gained: 0
Happiness Level: 50%
Missing My Kids: 90%
Cooking Enjoyment: 100%
Eating Enjoyment: 90% (still need more ambience)
Meal Presentation: 30% (too anxious to eat it didn't have time to think to make it pretty)

0 comments: