BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 4: My Void Is Filled


Menu:
Ratatouille (eggplant dish) JC
Foie De Veau (baby beef liver) JC
Pur'ee de Pommes de Terre a l'ail (Garlic Mashed Potatoes) JC
T'as la Peche (peach cobbler) ME


Okay, so the ratatouille kicked my butt. All that chopping and cooking each of the 5 vegetables separately in butter and olive oil that you have to keep really hot but keep from burning. I dumped the butter and oil 3 different times before I got it just right. I didn't use canned tomatoes, I stewed my own. I know a lot about tomatoes now. I can peel them, remove the seeds and pulp it. It tasted very good for being cooked mixed vegetable chunks. Would I make it again? Probably not. It is a lot of work and difficult to get the vegetable to turn out just so. Tasted great though.

We didn't have bread with this meal because I had planned to bake a loaf of bread. And, that just didn't pan out with the time consuming veggie dish. I'll have to bake it tomorrow when I can stand it.

The liver was by far the best liver Michael and I have ever eaten. Julia's recipe gave the liver a whole different flavor. The things Julia can do with butter. I also made her famous mashed potatoes. No one alters her mashed potato recipe because it is perfection! The dinner was served with chambourcin wine. Michael like it all so much that he offered to do the dishes by himself tonight. I agreed because I am tired from the ratatouille butt kicking. Actually, I don't think Michael is out to give me a break. I think he is really wanting to get the dinner dishes cleared so we can serve up that peach cobbler.

Off to go power walk and then kick back and relax the rest of the evening. I'm going to be well rested so when I get up in the morning I can tell Julia to bring it on!

Facts:

Day4 of 100 (after today I wouldn't even entertain the thought of doing this for 365 days)

Pounds Lost: 3
Pounds Gained: 0
Happiness Level: 50%
Cooking Enjoyment: 70% (got owned by Julia today)
Eating Enjoyment: 100%
Meal Presentation: 80% (liver just aint pretty)

0 comments: