BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 7 Julia On The Back Burner


Menu

Beouf Bourgignon JC (Had to have leftover beef stew YAY)
Strawberry Lemonade ME

Michael and I were both busy on this Saturday. We were to go to our local Goshen Open Air Market but we had a leaky pipe and that kept Michael at home. So while he was playing plumber and fixing my pipes I had to go to market alone. Then we had to take care of some errands in the next county and by the time we got home it was getting into the late afternoon. We hit the nature trail with Dixie and then I wanted to take an half hour nap. Michael fell asleep too and we slept for 2 and half hours. OH MY! I had a potato dish to make. YIKES!

I also had to get ready to go to the winery to meet a dear friend I hadn't seen in years. It was an easy decision. Put Julia on the back burner meet my friend at the Villa Maria Winery and listen to her husband's band. He plays with Zydeco Crawdaddys. We had a great time and I thoroughly enjoyed dancing to the cajun music they play. The wine was fantastic too.

The Gratin de Pommes de Terre et Saucisson (potatoes with Polish sausage) is now in the oven at 11:00 p.m. and it smells wonderful. We will have it with dinner tomorrow. Our friends from India are coming over tomorrow and I think this potato dish will be a nice compliment to the gyros, fried cheese and tzaziki that I am making for the Greek meal. This Julia Child potato dish recipe is made and in the oven by midnight which officially counts for cooking a Julia recipe. I have the custard with pears frozen to serve for dessert tomorrow as well. This will be the first time I have served my French cuisine to someone other than Michael. I can't wait for their feedback.

Well I really cut a rug at that cajun shindig. I'm tired and going to get the potatoes out of the oven and then I am off to bed.

Facts:
Day 7 of 100 (365 days are a lot when you figure Saturdays are included)

Pounds Lost: Still 4lbs
Pounds Gained: 0 (thank goodness for the dancing exercise I got this evening)
Happiness Level: 100%
Missing My Kids: 20%
Cooking Enjoyment: 100% (this recipe was easy and fun and Michael helped)
Eating Enjoyment: 100% on the Beef Stew (don't know about the potatoes yet)
Meal Presentation: 100% (It's still in the casserole dish but looks real nice)

0 comments: