BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 9: Honey Wine Is Making Me Feel Fine


Menu:
Salmon Souffle JC
Broccoli ME
Au Gratin Potatoes JC
Salmon Filet JC
Honey Wine

The salmon souffle was fairly easy to make. Hand beating the egg whites until they form peaks was not so easy. This would be a great main dish to start with if you wanted to try French cooking. Not a lot of effort for a Julia recipe but you still get the superb flavor. The recipe only called for a portion of the salmon so I served the rest with a splash of lime and dash of ground ginger.

The broccoli was just a simple recipe with a bit of seasonings. And then we had the rest of the potatoes with this meal that I made late Saturday evening. I served honey wine with our dinner tonight. If you haven't tried that yet and love sweeter wines then you gotta try this. It is my new favorite. All in all the meal was good. Tomorrow I will be more well rested and will tackle a more arduous meal. I still have two slices of that tart left. If you ever want to impress company and your thinking you will make a cheesecake...don't. Make a pear tart instead. It is delectable. That cajun dancing and Greek cooking over the weekend wore me out. So let me get a good night's rest and I'll be up and ready tomorrow to bring on the butter!

Facts
Day 9 (still just doing 100 days, 365 would make me too tired to dance on the weekends)

Pounds Lost: It was 4 but now it is 2 (I was very bad over the weekend too much dessert and wine, it was good though)
Pounds Gained: 2
Happiness Level: 100% (thanks for letting me vent Michael)
Missing My Kids: 100%
Cooking Enjoyment: 100% (quicker and easier...loved it!)
Eating Enjoyment: 100% (everything had lots of cheese and butter of course we enjoyed it!)
Meal Presentation: 40% (I just put it on the plate and we ate it tonight...I'm tired)

0 comments: