BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Repeat Dinner

Menu:
Salad ME
Rolls ME
Boeuf Bourguignon JC
Home Fries ME
Chocolate Almond Cake JC

I made two Julia dishes that I have made before. It is one of my favorites and I wanted to share it with my sister and her husband. I invited my cousin and his son to join us. Everyone liked the boeuf bourguignon. The cake did not puff up again this time. But it tasted really good better than the one I made two days ago. So, I put frosting on it and we had that for dessert. My cousin said it tasted like a Texas Sheet Cake. Now I know why there is a Texas Sheet Cake. Someone in Texas tried to make a chocolate almond cake and it didn't turn out. Hence, the name Texas Sheet Cake.

I marinated and roasted the salad ingredients and then just before I served it, I added feta cheese. It makes the veggies much more intense and flavorful if you marinate and roast it. I won't be able to make a new dish for a few more days because I will be busy helping my friend bake cakes tomorrow. This will be a labor of love and would much rather be doing this to help a dear, dear friend. Everyone have a good weekend and I'll catch hopefully on Sunday with a new recipe.

0 comments: