BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 87: Chocolate Souffle...NOT!



Menu:
Chocolate Souffle JC

Chocolate Cream JC (Made yesterday)

Well what a disaster my souffle turned out to be. I did not follow the instructions properly with the egg whites. Those are definitely the pouf in a souffle. I made the salmon souffle a few weeks back and got a bit of a pouf. I got nothing with this souffle. It tasted okay but I also wrecked the cream sauce it was suppose to be a lot fluffier too. I'm just a cooking disaster today. Michael must have realized that when he walked in the door. He asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner since I made a dessert.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try my hand at a pork recipe. Thursday is a bit exciting because I'm planning to roast a duck. I'm going to really focus on the recipe and the instructions. Julia says in her cookbook, if you follow her instructions the recipe will come out perfectly because each recipe is foolproof. I must be a fool. Because I don't seem to be able to follow instructions. I am going to try the chocolate souffle again though. It doesn't take long to make it. It just takes total concentration. Julia explains in her book, "My Life In France" how she was more of a scientific cook but the booted author from the second volume was a romantic cook. I must be somewhere in between.

Facts:
Day 87 of 100 (I so am not doing 365 days, I can't wait to get back to just throwing my dinners together.)

Pounds Lost: 5 lbs. (It's the port wine, I'm convinced.)
Pounds Gained: 0 lbs. (I'm starting a whole new regimen in 13 days.)
Missing My Kids: 100% (Loved seeing Joey over Thanksgiving.)
Happiness Level: 100% (No souffle is gonna ruin my day.)
Cooking Enjoyment: 30% (I did not enjoy this disaster one bit.)
Eating Enjoyment 50% (Michael liked it, prolly to be nice, I didn't like it because I ruined it.)
Meal Presentation: 10% (A flop.)

0 comments: