BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 91: Last Night's Flop

I made a Chocolate Almond Cake last night and it didn't turn out. Again, it was my fault! I forgot to beat the yolks into the butter and sugar. I had the cake all ready to go into the oven and there sat the egg yolks. Geez. Me and instructions. I just completely overlooked the part where it said to add the yolks. I gently stirred them in anyway and went ahead and baked it. I broke a piece off after it came out of the oven and it tastes really really good. It just didn't get fluffy and creamy in the center. It looked like, yep you guessed it...a brownie. I'm staying with my sister and using her kitchen. I' m going to attempt another one tonight because I really want to make this cake and make it right. It would be an excellent cake if I could FOCUS.

I have a picture of the flat cake and will post it after I cook today.

0 comments: