BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 90 Cherries Basking In Cognac


Menu:

Potage Parmentier JC
(Potato Soup)

Roast Duck JC (Leftover)

Canton aux Cerises JC
Roast Duck w/Cherries)

Green Beans Sauteed w/Bacon ME

Chocolate Chip Muffins ME

Tonight the duck tasted better than it did last night. I took all the meat and lightly and slowly sauteed it in butter and port wine. I then added sauteed sliced onions. The orange sauce we had with it last night was good but I saw a cherry sauce recipe that looked much better. I soaked the cherries in lemon juice, sugar and cognac for 30 minutes and then served it with the duck. Very good.

The potato soup I had made before. It is a favorite of Michael's. I go easy on the puree-ing because he likes it thick and so do I. This time I added some bacon pieces to it to give it even more flavor. It is such a thick hearty soup with a ton of flavor and perfect for winter. The green beans were cooked and simmered and seasoned with a bit of bacon fat and seasonings. Michael is not a fan of green beans but eats them when I add lots of flavor to them.

The muffins are a huge cheat. I must confess. I love those Andy Griffith muffin mixes. For the price you can't beat 'em. The lemon flavor being my favorite but tonight with the cherries I thought the chocolate chip would be good. And they were! It was fun playing around with the recipes tonight but I'm so ready to get back to my cooking but with a bit of Julia's influence. She is wearing me out with these laborous meals. I do believe I just have 10 more days of cooking. WooHoooooooooo!

Facts:
Day 90 of 100 (I'm so close and wouldn't dare rope myself into 265 more days when I can stop in 10.)

Pounds...whatever!
Happiness Level: 100%
Missing My Kids: 100% (Keep the troops in your prayers)
Cooking Enjoyment: 100%
Eating Enjoyment: 100%
Meal Presentation: 100% (Beautiful Cherries, indeed.)

0 comments: