BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day 93: Back In The Kitchen Again



Menu:

Saut'e De Boeuf A La Parisienne JC
(Beef Saut'e w/Cream and Mushroom Sauce)

Asperges JC
(Asparagus w/Lemon and Herbs)

Brown Rice ME

My wonderful and sweet husband just finished the last small details of my new kitchen floor. We had no idea the project would take this long. It has been a true labor of love. Michael did a beautiful job and I absolutely love the new look it gives the kitchen. I had to give Michael space and not rush him because he likes to do a really good job when he takes on a challenge. It paid off, because I couldn't be more pleased with the patience, time and love he poured into this project.

By the same token I was anxious to get back to my cooking. Michael's favorite thing in the world is ribeye steak. So, to show my appreciation for his hard work, I made him a Julia style steak dinner tonight. I made a rich, creamy mushroom wine sauce. Then, I cut the ribeye into the instructed pieces as directed in the recipe. I browned the pieces on all sides and then cooked it longer in the mushroom wine sauce. It was delicious. We have been eating out and doing quick meals lately. I can't tell you how much we have missed this fine dining.

The asparagus had a totally different taste than what I usually make. I used herbs, lemon zest and wine for the marinade. Then the recipe called for the asparagus to be peeled, which allowed the marinade to simmer deep within the vegetable. Very good. I love asparagus anyway but I really liked this for a change a pace.

The brown rice was a substitute for the mashed potatoes that I would have preferred to make. My doctor ran tests to see why I wasn't dropping pounds even though I wasn't eating much. We realized I'm not losing weight because I cannot eat carbs. Since backing off of the carbs the weight is FINALLY dropping. Potatoes taste much better than rice any day of the week. But, if it means I can finally get this weight off then I'll be happy to change the way I eat. I have seven days left and it has been quite an undertaking. I'll miss the rich flavors but will be glad to get my weight back to normal.

Facts:
Day 93 of 100 (365 would take me eons)

Pounds Lost: 8 (Since the break from the rich food and watching carbs, the weight is dropping.)
Pounds Gained: NONE now.
Happiness Level: 100% (Michael takes good care of me and I have two great kids what more could a mother want?)
Missing My Kids: 100% (Love you both.)
Cooking Enjoyment: 100% (Feels good to be cooking again in my own kitchen.)
Eating Enjoyment: 100% (Michael went back for seconds...that always means it was superb.)
Meal Presentation: 100% (Photo wasn't the best but in real life it was...pretty.)

0 comments: