BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 88: Casserole Julia Style



Menu:

Roti de Porc Grand' Mere JC
(Casserole-roasted Pork w/Potatoes and Onions)

Fried Cinnamon Apples ME

Candied Carrots ME

Chocolate Souffle JC

The pork dish may not have photographed oh so well, but it did taste good. The recipe called for the potatoes to be mashed into the white wine and boiled down. Then the potatoes were to be used displayed around the pork. It made for an unattractive dish just served up on the plates. The potaoes being mashed inot the wine did make them very flavorful. I made candied carrots just for color and whenever I make a pork roast or roast beef I like fried cinnamon apples with it.

The souffle, Lordy the souffle. My Facebook pal Bambi gave me words of encouragement this morning and I just had to conquer the chocolate souffle. I worked with it until I did get it to pouf over the edges of the souffle dish. Now that I have it somewhat mastered I'm ready to make another one someday soon. I'm going to tackle a duck tomorrow.

Facts:
Day 88 of 100 (Can't believe I'm getting so close to 100. I wouldn't think of 365 days.)

Pounds Lost: Didn't check
Pounds Gained: Don't know but I did exercise...work with me here.
Missing My Kids: 100% (more than anyone could ever know.)
Happiness Level: 100% (It sure does take a lot of effort though.)
Cooking Enjoyment: 100% (I'm quite pleased with my souffle.)
Eating Enjoyment: 100% (Mmmm, mmmm)
Meal Presentation: 100% (The souffle was a little glowy in the pic but it looked beautiful in real life.)

0 comments: