BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 21, 2014

Day 5: Downton Abbey Cookbook

Bubble and Squeak


I followed the recipe to the letter aside from the fact that...

I steamed the carrots and cabbage to avoid overcooking them.


I was thrilled to be able to use up the mini heads of cabbage and the snap peas that we had just bought the weekend before at our local open air market.


Once the cabbage and carrots were almost tender, I put them in the skillet with the thinly sliced potatoes, onions, peas and bacon.


Once everything was nicely browned, I sprinkled paprika liberally.

Bubble and Squeak is so delicious that I'm making it for my mom tomorrow. And I've promised her some bread pudding for dessert. She is more intrigued by the name of the recipe than the actual dish itself.


0 comments: