BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 99: Sirloin Steaks


Menu:

Saut'e de Boeuf a la Bourguignonne JC
(Beef Saut'e w/Red Wine, Mushrooms, Bacon and Onions)

Sweet Corn ME

Garden Salad ME

Michael intended to pick up Ribeye steaks last evening at the grocery store. He bought sirloin steaks instead. We both prefer ribeye and after tonight's dinner, it lamented the fact that we really do prefer ribeye. I used the Saut'e method as directed in Julia's recipe. The mushrooms and onions were superb the steak left us a little blah. It's worth the extra to get the ribeye.

All in all it was a good meal with the sweet corn and salad as side dishes. Tomorrow, I will go out with a bang. Mostly to celebrate the fact I have actually completed something in my life. I never complete anything. Ever.

Facts:
Day 99 of 100 (One more to go and I'm outta here.)

Pounds Lost: 8 lbs (I'm going easy on the Julia food...she's fattening.)
Pounds Gained: 0 lbs.
Happiness Level: (I got my health, my family and much laughter, what more could you want?)
Missing My Kids: 100% (Love you both lots and lots.)
Cooking Enjoyment: 100%
Eating Enjoyment: 100% (Loved the meal but bring on the ribeye.)
Meal Presentation:100% (If nothing else I can now photograph food like no other.)

0 comments: