BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 98: Creme Plombieres Pralinee

Menu:

Creme Plombieres Pralinee JC

This was a very easy custard recipe. I couldn't figure out what she meant by macaroons so I used the other option, almonds. I had Michael searching every where for macaroons but all he came up with... the cookies. He tried to convince me that macadamia nuts would work but I just used the second choice of almonds.

This recipe called for rum. The whole time I was carmelizing the almonds I kept thinking how great this dessert would be with a Thanksgiving dinner or any dinner that you are serving sweet potatoes with it. I would definitely make this again. It's a dessert that everyone would like because it is bland enough to suit any taste yet the almonds and rum give it enough of a unique flavor to make you want to keep eating and eating it. Yummy.

Facts: Day 98 of 100 (2 more to go!)

Pounds Lost: 8 lbs
Pounds Gained: 0
Happiness Level: 100%
Missing My Kids: 100%
Cooking Enjoyment: 100% (One of the easier recipes)
Eating Enjoyment: 100% (Very good)
Meal Presentation: 100% (Photo coming soon)

0 comments: